Did you know there is a very magical day happening very soon… On the 21st June 2023 we will be celebrating the summer solstice in the Northern Hemisphere. This highly spiritual day is the longest day of the year and has been considered significant and celebrated for centuries by many different cultures throughout history. The summer solstice takes place during Cancer season and is an opportunity to focus on light, positivity, joy, celebration, self reflection, manifestation and abundance. There are many ways to acknowledge and celebrate this special day but to keep things simple we have rounded up five of our favourite and most effective rituals so that you can raise your vibration and magnetise all of your desires to you over these coming summer months.
In order to make room to receive new things in our life we must first release all that is currently blocking us. During Cancer season we may also be feeling more emotionally heightened which can be used to highlight any areas in life where you feel emotionally out of balance. To clear out all that is no longer serving you we recommend the following releasing ritual.
- Start by finding a quiet space where you feel safe and won’t be disturbed. You may wish to set the space by putting on your favourite meditation music in the background or by lighting a candle or incense.
- Have a few sheets of paper nearby and a pen. Start out by taking a few long, slow and deep breaths. As you exhale picture any tension you may be feeling in your body dissipating. Once you feel settled ask yourself the question “what is no longer serving me, what do I need to release?” Sit in silence for a moment and notice what thoughts, emotions or stories arise for you.
- Once you have allowed everything to come up write down anything that you wish to release on a piece of paper. Keep writing until you feel as if you have written everything down.
- Using a fire-safe bowl light your paper and watch it as it burns. As it burns imagine the things you have written energetically leaving your body. If you do not feel comfortable or safe lighting a fire you can instead bury this letter in the ground or dissolve it in water.
- Once you have finished cleanse the bowl and your body in circular motions using either incense, palo santo or sage.
The act of gratitude is a great habit to practice on a daily basis but it is particularly potent on the summer solstice. Practising gratitude helps you to align with a high vibrational frequency and become a magnet to attract more of what you are grateful for into your life. Here are three simple gratitude practices for you to try:
- Send a message to your loved ones and let them know what they mean to you. There is no better feeling than receiving a heartfelt message from someone you love, so why not initiate this feel good energy by sending out messages to let people know why you are grateful for them.
- Gratitude journaling is a really simple yet effective way to get started. Take out your favourite journal and you may wish to use a Citrine Crystal Pen as it is energetically aligned with all things light, positivity and abundance. Write down a continuous list of all the things you are grateful for, you don’t need to overthink it just keep writing anything that comes to mind. It doesn’t have to be anything elaborate either, it can be as simple as enjoying the taste of your morning coffee or you may be grateful you woke up this morning.
- Get a piece of paper and write down all of the things you are grateful for and cut them out into little slips. Then get a mason jar, box or cosmetic bag and fill them with the slips of paper. In the future, you can then take one out a day to help remind you of all that you have in your life to be grateful for.
Intention Setting Ritual
As we are now approaching the halfway point of 2023 it is a great opportunity to reflect upon the intentions we set for ourselves at the beginning of the year to not only celebrate how far we have come but to also identify intentions that are yet to manifest into our physical reality. The element of fire is a great one to tap into during the summer solstice as it represents light, power and transformation. We recommend working with this candle magic intention setting ritual to help you to draw your manifestations in.
- Set your space and find somewhere calm and peaceful where you won’t be disturbed. You may wish to spray a crystal infused space mist or play some calming music.
- Take out your favourite journal and pen and write down under the following categories all that you wish to manifest over the coming six months: relationships, finance, career, personal development, spiritual, physical and experiences.
- Light a crystal infused candle. Choose a candle that has a similar energetic frequency to your intention. For example, Rose Quartz if your manifestations are mainly focused on love or Citrine for abundance. Once the candle has been lit stare into the flame and read your intentions out loud as you look into the flame.
- Once you have finished reading out your list say “and so it is” and blow out the flame.
Meditation is a great tool that can be used to help connect us with our higher selves. With all of the bustle and activity of the outside world there is no greater time to turn inwards and connect with your higher wisdom. To help you do this we have put together a free guided Summer Solstice meditation which you can listen to here.
There are many crystals that are great to work with during the summer solstice but one of our favourites is Citrine. It is a stone that is connected to joy and sunshine and positivity and the perfect compliment to the energies of this special day. However, if you feel drawn to an alternative crystal some other great ones to work with are Tigers Eye, Carnelian and Pyrite. Here are a few ways you can work with these crystals during the summer solstice:
- Wear the crystal for the day whether that be a bracelet or a necklace this will allow you to constantly connect to the crystal's energy throughout the day.
- Charge your crystals up in the suns rays to help cleanse them and renew them with positive energy
- Create a crystal altar, you may wish to do this either outside or inside. Simply place in a sacred space all of your favourite crystals and anything else that represents summer for you, this may be a feather or something from nature.
- Fill a crystal infused water bottle up with water and read your intentions out loud into it. As you sip on your water throughout the day reflect upon those intentions.